The industrialization and modernization of society have brought many great things to the world in general. People are now more connected, can produce more in less time, have higher qualities of life, and generally live longer than they ever have before in history. However, there have been some downsides to this industrialization and modernization. Perhaps the most prominent is the fact that many people are far removed from the products they consume. The most obvious example of this is food. Most people have never lived on a farm or ranch, so they don’t understand all of the hard work that goes into producing their food. They don’t know what type of chemicals are used on them, how the animals are killed, and how all of that food is transported to their local grocery store. In other words, people are far removed from the processes that produce all of this food. Many people who eat meat probably couldn’t even kill an animal by themselves. This isn’t to say that people are bad because they are far removed from this process, just that it is different than the way things used to be. It is with this all in mind that the claim can be made that people should get into better contact with their food. One way to do this is for people to start hunting for their own food again, preferably with bows. Here are five reasons for people to start bow hunting.
1. Get in touch with nature. One of the biggest reasons people should consider bow hunting is that it allows them to get back into touch with nature. When a person is out in the forest or up in the mountains, far removed from society in general, it becomes easier to put everything into perspective. This perspective usually results in a greater appreciation of all of the things the natural world provides for humans.
2. Understand what it means to produce your own food. When you are removed from the process of how food gets to your table, you start to not appreciate it. Hunting for your own food gives people a better understanding of just how valuable food really is.
3. It’s natural. Huge factory farms where animals are crammed into incredibly small areas is simply not natural. It leads to diseases and health issues for the animals. These are then passed onto the humans who are consuming them. Hunting for your own natural meat is a great way to improve your health.
4. It’s enjoyable. Being out in the wilderness, tracking different animals is one of the most enjoyable experiences a person can have. Try it out and see what you think!
5. Safety! One of the best reasons to bow hunt rather than to hunt with guns is that areas that are designated for bow hunting generally have less hunters in them. This decreases the chance of there being an accident.
If this has convinced you to try out bow hunting, be sure to get your supplies from a great hunting gear store. Explore Products, www.exploreproducts.com, is a great place to start. Their knowledgeable staff will be able to answer any questions you might have and get you started with the art of bow hunting.